Welcome! My name is Danielle Nadkarni, and I am the founder of Nadkarni Music Studio, where I offer private lessons on piano and clarinet. I love teaching, and I'm looking forward to sharing my love of music with you! I teach out of my home in Wake Forest, NC, or you may choose to have lessons in the comfort of your own home. Many parents appreciate this option because of their busy schedules.
In order of age, here is a summary of music lessons offered:
Piano lessons can begin as early as age 3, and I use the Wunderkeys Piano Method (for preschoolers). Ages 5-6 can choose the Primer level of Wunderkeys or the My First Piano Adventure from the Faber method books. From age 7 on, I recommend Piano Adventures and Piano Pronto method books, with student-chosen solo pieces coming in once they reach level 1 or 2. I teach absolute beginners through intermediate level students, and any age adult is welcome. I have prepared students for the ABRSM exams before, although these are not offered in North Carolina; I believe the substitute would be the RCM exams.
Clarinet lessons start a little later, at age 9, when the teeth are well-developed and strong. I teach all levels, from beginner through advanced. My advanced degree is in clarinet performance, so I can teach all the way through college level.
MORE ABOUT LESSONS:
• I hold two degrees from the New England Conservatory of Music in clarinet performance, and I have extensive training in piano as well. I have been performing professionally since the age of 12, so I feel that I have a lot to offer as both a teacher and performer.
• Student recitals are offered twice a year, in December and June. I can write up a progress report at this time as well, although this is optional.
• Lesson guide:
- 20 minutes, 2x a week: for the youngest beginners (age 3-4).
- 30 minutes; recommended for any beginner student through the first year or two of lessons.
- 45 minutes; recommended for students who have been studying for 2+ years, and definitely for anyone of intermediate level.
- 60 minutes; recommended for intermediate to advanced-level students, as well as adults.
• I charge $60/hour at my home in Wake Forest, NC. I also travel at a rate of $70/hour.
• I offer several payment options--cash, check, or Paypal invoicing.
• Trial lessons - I have my own unique approach to the trial lesson. I am happy to meet with you and discuss your goals, free of charge. If you think we're a good fit, I suggest signing up for a trial period of 3 or 4 lessons. I don't believe it's possible to determine whether a student and teacher are a good fit in less time than this.
• I am always happy to provide references! Many families have been studying with me for years.