Welcome! My name is Danielle Nadkarni, and I am the founder of Nadkarni Music Studio, where I offer private lessons on piano and clarinet. I love teaching, and I'm looking forward to sharing my love of music with you! I teach out of my home in Wake Forest, NC, or you may choose to have lessons in the comfort of your own home. Many parents appreciate this option because of their busy schedules.
In order of age, here is a summary of music lessons offered:
My preferred age for starting piano lessons is 7, when a child is more prepared to sit and focus during their lesson time, and they understand the concept of practice time. A child as young as 4 can learn, depending on their fine motor skills and attention span. I teach absolute beginners through intermediate level students, and any age adult is welcome. If you are a more serious-minded student, I offer preparation for the RCM exams (Royal Conservatory examinations).
Clarinet lessons start a little later, at age 9, when the teeth are well-developed and strong. I teach all levels, from beginner through advanced. My advanced degree is in clarinet performance, so I can teach all the way through college level. If you are a more serious-minded student, I offer preparation for the RCM exams (Royal Conservatory examinations).
MORE ABOUT LESSONS:
• I hold two degrees from the New England Conservatory of Music in clarinet performance, and I have extensive training in piano as well. I have been performing professionally since the age of 12, so I feel that I have a lot to offer as both a teacher and performer.
• Student recitals are offered twice a year, in December and June. Progress reports are also given at this time (you can decline this option if your child takes lessons just for fun).
• Lesson guide:
- 30 minutes; recommended for young beginners.
- 45 minutes; the standard lesson length, recommended for students who have studied for 1-2 years.
- 60 minutes; the most advanced lesson, recommended for intermediate to advanced-level students, as well as adults.
• I charge $60/hour at my home in Wake Forest, NC. I also travel at a rate of $70/hour.
• I offer several payment options--cash, check, or Paypal invoicing.
• Trial lessons - I have my own unique approach to the trial lesson. I am happy to meet with you and discuss your goals, free of charge. If you think we're a good fit, I suggest signing up for a trial period of 3 or 4 lessons. I don't believe it's possible to determine whether a student and teacher are a good fit in less time than this.
• I am always happy to provide references! Many families have been studying with me for years.